We invite you to bring your stress related symptoms as a starting point for our work together. The desire to seek support can be challenging. It can be hard to put into words what you are seeking. However, the body is already communicating with you and that is a great starting point for this work. Many people have spent a great deal of time articulating their history and issues and still haven’t found the relief and freedom from their history. When cognition/mind and body/information are in accord, authentic living is possible.
People choose SPRe® when:
- It’s time to take a deeper look into yourself, and working the body and mind in tandem makes sense.
- When a physical injury changes the direction of your life.
- When physical conditions are the result of stress or limbic system exhaustion. Examples: Fibromyalgia, Inflammation, Chronic Fatigue, Chronic Pain, PTSD, Anxiety, Depression, OCD, Hyper-sensitivity, etc.
- When there is discomfort in your body and you don’t know why. You may not know what you’re uncomfortable about, but your body will help reveal what’s important.
- Physical pain or discomfort can be a result of the body trying to adapt to less than ideal situations. Example: A tree becomes gnarled and distorted when it can’t grow directly toward the light. People have maladaptations, too.
- When you can give a Wikipedia-like explanation of your issues, but the awareness isn’t moving you forward to what you say you want.
Do your physical symptoms get worse during life transitions or stressful times?
The development of physical symptoms in response to seemingly overwhelming feelings or thoughts is SOMATIZATION. Our physical bodies react before our minds recognize what to do with the information. Now you can get relief from your physical symptoms and identify the underlying causes.
Examples of Physical Stress:
- Back pain during annual reviews at work
- Headaches when visiting your family
- Skin eruptions after a fight with your partner
- Digestive problems when your life changes
- A weakened immune system during the holidays
Examples of Benefit:
- Relief from physical pain
- Learn tools to recognize and understand your emotional, physical, cognitive and relationship patterns and the skills to make different choices in stressful times
- Increased body awareness that includes interpreting the information being communicated by your physical symptoms
- Better balance and core support, leading to an internal ‘knowing’ and more secure decision making
- Acquire skills in each session you can apply to achieve personal goals in career, relationships and health
© 2014 SPRe® | 3333 Wallingford Ave N., Ste. B Seattle, WA 98103 | (206) 957-SPRE (7773) | All rights reserved